Pages

Wednesday 16 June 2010

Back from the Dead


It’s been a while.

No doubt you’ll have noticed that BinB hasn’t been updated in a while. There’s a reason for that: my ego.

If you don’t have a blog (and if you do, I’d like to hear from you) you might not appreciate how the process works. Essentially, you sit there thinking of a topic. Once you’ve nailed it down you then try (and I do mean “try”) to be a touch witty. Now, I’m only a simple creature and these things do not come easily to me. At the end of the day, you hit the “post” button and your thoughts disappear down the glowing pipes and tubes that make up the Interweb before appearing on some hapless individual’s screen and providing them with two minutes of mild amusement when they really should be updating that spreadsheet on accrued interest or somesuch.

So there it is. You send your thoughts into the ether … and then no bugger replies.

And if no one replies, it’s difficult to know if anyone’s reading.

Well, I recently got back from a trip to the UK during which I was asked by a good few people why BinB hadn’t been updated. Slurring into my pint, I replied that no one seemed interested. At which point they started to spin the truth in order to sooth my, obviously damaged, sense of, well, talent. “Oh no, I click on it all the time and it’s never updated”, “You’re writing’s fun, I enjoy it” and similar platitudes followed.

Now, these could all well be lies designed to stroke my ego, or they could be genuine.

Since I’m a bit of a narcissist at the end of the day, I’ll go with the latter.

Long story short, BinB is back.

Cue choirs of angels.

Comment if you want to, even it's just to say "hello". Regardless, I'm starting anew.

TLA.